1. Property Management Maintenance Handyperson
- To work with property manager, carrying out daily property maintenance, occasional electrical, plumbing works and also to provide repair services to property furnishings and appliances.
- Must be able to commute to and from Newcastle Upon Tyne City Centre.
- Ability to understand problems and problem solve.
- Be able to work well within a team based environment and also able to confidently liaise with tenants.
Main Duties will include:
- Attending managed properties to carry out daily repairs in common area and internal repairs reported by tenants.
- Fault finding with a view to self repair
- Maintaining building accessibility and appearance by carrying out occasional tidy ups and reporting of any decoration deterioration etc.
- Basic trouble-shooting of heating and other equipment generally found within a household environment
- Maintain lighting by installing light bulbs and ballasts; basic repair of electrical fixtures.
- Maintain and repair of basic plumbing (leaking pipes/ blocked drains/ faulty toilet flush etc)
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain building interior after works by dusting furniture, equipment and fixtures; cleaning counters, walls, ceiling and woodwork; sweeping/ vacuuming etc.
Required skills include:
- Basic decorating skills, paint finishing skills, surface preparation skills, gloss work and papering skills.
- Basic plumbing skills, fitting bathroom furniture and central heating works
- Basic Electrical skills, electrical qualifications would be beneficial but not essential
- Basic plastering skills
- Basic joinery skills
Other duties include:
- Clearing of drains
- Window CleaningGeneral household cleaning duties
- Lock changing and lock fitting skills
- Furniture moving
- Window glazing skills
- Attending to walk-in tenants and answering telephone calls / inquiries.
Great companies are built on values and culture. At JSK, we view our employees as fellow family members and not only our most valuable resource. Here, all employees are treated with care, respect and always fairly. We believe in the spirit of pay and reward by merit.
All employees have aspirations and potentials and it is our duty to train and hone them till they achieve their personal excellence.